- Engine: Striking machined fins pick out the distinctive parallel twin shape, while chrome engine covers are offset against jet-black barrels and crankcases. A pair of wide, dramatically splayed exhaust pipes dominate the LT’s front three-quarter profile with their classic ‘header-run’ following a straight line from the throttle bodies through to the headers. Our parallel twin heritage for all to see and admire.
- Chassis: Swept-back classic styling, characterized by details such as the dramatic slab top yoke, center-mounted white-faced speedo, large single headlight, chrome tank console housing and filler cap, and hand-painted tank and mudguard coachlines.
- Performance: Built to be ridden, not just to look good. The America’s 865cc parallel-twin puts out a healthy 61PS with strong torque at low revs, peaking at 72Nm at just 3300rpm. Ideal for urban cruising at low revs but with enough muscle for serious long distances at motorway speeds, even with a passenger or luggage on board. This vertical twin is a true original. Drawing on our heritage from fifties and sixties parallel twins and coupling that with modern technology and build standards, the engine in the America has a laid-back riding character that’s unique to the cruiser world.
- Configuration: Straight away people notice the America’s unmistakably British style. Its pair of cylinders stand upright and proud and make a powerful statement. And, being air-cooled there’s no radiator to spoil the view.
- Suspension: With forks raked out at a shallow angle and feature polished shrouding and silver legs that match the chrome springs and covers of the laid-down, twin rear shocks. The America’s suspension works hard to provide laid-back comfort and road feedback in true cruiser style.
- Handling: Long, low and stable like a cruiser should be. Everything about the America’s chassis is focused on balance and we’ve matched each component carefully to maintain that steady, intuitive feel. As a result, it’s agile enough for an exciting ride when the road gets interesting and is more capable through the corners than most of its rivals. It’s so well-balanced that it is ideal for inexperienced riders as well as a satisfying cruise for those with a lot of miles behind them.
- Brakes: Never too sharp or intimidating, braking is looked after by single discs front and rear to provide plenty of stopping force, whilst maintaining the overall balance of the chassis so every moment of your ride is confident and controlled.
- Wheels and Tires: The cast aluminium wheels are small in diameter. 16 and 15 inches front and rear and fitted with chunky, deep sidewall tires for a classic cruiser look and a more comfortable cushioned ride.
- Seat Height: A seat height of just 690mm makes the America easy to control when gliding through traffic or parking. In fact, the set-up suits many riders that find other bikes too tall. Whatever your height though, easy positioning of the bars, seat and footrests means you’ll quickly find your most relaxed and comfortable cruising posture.
- Riding Position: As a pure unadulterated cruiser, your riding position should be upright, laid back and spacious. But never at the expense of comfort and sheer riding pleasure. So the America’s bars hang high and wide but are also pulled back so that the controls are closer to you. And we’ve set the footrests far enough forward for comfort, without being too much of a stretch. Putting you in firm, confident control of your bike during busy urban riding or long-distance travel.
- Footboards: High-quality aluminium foot-boards and removable skid plates come with a classic heel/toe gear shift, positioning the rider’s feet for maximum comfort and control.
- Saddlebags: At the back, the America LT’s generous leather panniers are showerproof and come with metal buckles over durable, easy-to-use plastic clips.
- Windshield: The tall wind-shield deflects the worst of the weather and is easily detachable (via a pair of spring-loaded levers at each side of the screen) to achieve a completely alternative look.
- Back Rest - Sissy Bar: We added a pillion backrest to add all day comfort for your passenger too.
Warranty and Service
- Our confidence provides you with a two-year unlimited mileage warranty on your new Triumph and Genuine Accessories. Alongside the knowledge that we give you a 12 month unlimited mileage warranty on replacement parts.
- The America carries 6,000 mile (10,000km) service intervals.
Engine and Transmission
- Type: Air-cooled, DOHC, parallel-twin, 270 deg. firing interval
- Capacity: 865cc
- Bore: 90 mm
- Stroke: 68 mm
- System: Multipoint sequential electronic fuel injection with SAI
- Exhaust: Stainless steel twin-walled headers, twin chromed silencers
- Final Drive: X ring chain
- Clutch: Wet, multi-plate
- Gearbox: 5-speed
Chassis Running Gear and Displays
- Frame: Tubular steel cradle
- Swingarm: Twin-sided, tubular steel
- Front Wheels: Cast aluminum alloy 12-spoke 16 x 3.0in
- Rear Wheels: Cast aluminium alloy 12-spoke 15 x 4.0in
- Front Tire: 130/90 R16
- Rear Tire: 170/80 B15
- Front Suspension: KYB 41 mm forks with polished stainless steel shrouds and painted lowers, 120 mm travel
- Rear Suspension: KYB chromed spring twin shocks with adjustable preload, 96 mm rear wheel travel
- Brakes Front: Single 310 mm disc, Nissin 2-piston floating caliper
- Brakes Rear: Single 285 mm disc, Nissin 2-piston floating caliper
- Instrument Display and Functions: Analogue speedometer with odometer and trip information
Dimensions and Capacities
- Length: 94.0 in (2387 mm)
- Width Handlebars: 36.2 in (920 mm)
- Height without Mirror: 58.3 in (1480 mm)
- Seat Height: 27.2 in (690 mm)
- Wheelbase: 63.4 in (1610 mm)
- Rake: 33 deg.
- Trail: 5.6 in (143 mm)
- Tank Capacity: 5.2 US Gallon
- Max Power EC: 61PS @ 6800
- Max Torque EC: 72 NM @ 3300
- Urban: 47.7 US mpg
- 56 mph/90 kph: 59.2 US mpg
- 75 mph/120 kph: 46.2 mpg